After starting with our unique family situation, we move onto the second pillar of our Playful Path: Playful and Practical.
Here, we look at different practical things we can introduce / set up for our family. This stage of the Playful Path addresses questions like:
- What toys are best for different age groups?
- How can we create an environment (large, small or in between) that supports our child where they are right now?
- If we have multiple children, how can we create an environment that is safe, inviting and engaging for each child?
By looking at each of these questions and addressing them with the knowledge of our unique family situation we can create a ‘YES SPACE’ for them to thrive – that works for everyone.
This phase is a biggie, because let’s be honest…there are so many toys out there, and juggling your child’s needs and wants – along with advertising and other external influences – can be super tricky.
But the best news (x2)?
- MORE DOES NOT MEAN BETTER
- the best toys for kids aren’t always the fanciest – they’re the ones that stimulate your child’s interest and imagination!
Hey - I'm Amy! I help Mums ditch perfection and embrace the joy and connection that exists within the messy, ordinary moments of family life.
Find out how to ditch the ‘shoulds’ of unicorn parenting, build more joy and connection with your little ones, and have fun doing it!